You would like a nicer bathroom, a high quality floor or nicer windows?
If you would like modernisation measures such as these or similar for your apartment or commercial unit, just ask us. If the improvement is substantial, we will gladly present your request to the owner and also discuss cost participation.
The generally applies:
- It must truly be a long-term improvement.
- The measures will also make the rental unit more attractive to potential new tenants. It is therefore not a solution customized to your needs.
- To aid in our decision making, we will require a quotation including not only the price, but also the individual steps and materials to be used.
Under certain circumstances, the lessor may pay for the entire expense, if in return you pay a modernisation allocation in addition to your rent. The rate of the modernisation allocation is based on the cost of the entire measure and a few other factors:
- Credit capital expenses: interest rate currently charged for a loan to finance the measures.
- Depreciation: the rate of depreciation is based on the assessed economic depreciation range for the measure.
- Risk premium: Factors in the risk of a new tenant not valuing the improvements as much as you, as well as the risk of loss of rent.